Kenya Dairy Board is a statutory body established in 1958 through an Act of Parliament, the Dairy Industry Act, Cap 336 of the Laws of Kenya.
To regulate, develop and promote the Dairy Industry in Kenya.
To be a global leader in Dairy Regulation and development.
To regulate and direct a sustainable and competitive dairy industry that provides quality and safe products.
Functions of the Board
- Organize, regulate and develop the efficient production marketing, distribution and supply of dairy produce
- To improve the quality of dairy produce
- Secure reasonable and stable prices to producers of dairy produce.
- To promote market research in relation to dairy produce.
- To permit the greatest possible degree of private enterprise in the production, processing and sale of dairy produce
- To ensure, either by itself or in association with any government department or local authority the adoption of measures and practices designed to promote greater efficiency in the dairy industry.